This handy PDF, “Web Sexual Health Resources You Can Use,” was compiled by Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH) and contains websites and resources in order to allow you to learn more about science-based programs, lesson plans and teaching strategies, training and curriculum development, research and youth health statistics, and services.
See below for a brief list of the resources. Links have also been updated (Jan 2014).
- Emerging Answers 2007 (Douglas Kirby) published by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Science and Success–Program that Work to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States and Developing Countries published by Advocates for Youth
- PASHA Archives (Program on Sexuality, Health and Adolescence) published by Sociometrics
- Diffusion of Evidence-Based Interventions (DEBI) published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP)
Free Lesson Plans and Teaching Strategies
- Advocates for Youth
- ERT Associates (ReCAPP)
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States
Training and Curriculum Development
Research and Youth Health Statistics
- Alan Guttmacher Institute
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Child Trends (Adolescent Sex & Pregnancy)
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy