The training department provides instruction and technical assistance to educators and youth service providers throughout Illinois. Our objective is to expand and strengthen a statewide system of curricular and training resources to meet the increasing demand for adolescent sexual health education in schools and communities.
ICAH provides professional development trainings to educators and youth service providers throughout Illinois. These sessions provide information on how to establish and implement a responsible sexual health education program in your school district.
Specializing in technical assistance on adolescent health issues, the ICAH training department sends trainers directly to school districts to instruct interested educators. Through these sessions, ICAH aims to improve best practices, skills, and implementation of sexual health education. Our cadre of professionals specializes in sexual health education, counseling, and direct service.
ICAH can meet your training needs. Topics include:
- Helping parents understand adolescent development and sexual health
- Helping adolescents recognize healthy relationships
- Adolescent health and the law, including consent and confidentiality laws
- LGBTQ issues
- Current adolescent sexual health trends
- Making your clinic teen friendly
- Sexual health messages using technology
- Youth/adult partnerships
- Leveraging community support
- Tailored training based on need
We also provide tailored training based on your needs. If you would like to take advantage of our services or would like more information, please contact